“Van Boer tot Braai” Competition
In association with Toks en Tjops and kykNET
June 2020 Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Beefmaster Group “Van Boer tot Braai” competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. While this competition is endorsed by Toks en Tjops, it is in no way sponsored or administered by Toks en Tjops or kykNET. It is also not associated with Facebook or Twitter (TW). Any correspondence regarding this competition must be directed to Beefmaster Group.
3. All information collected pursuant to the competition is collected by Beefmaster Group and not by KykNET or Toks en Tjops. By submitting your information to Beefmaster Group, you consent to Beefmaster Group using your information in connection with the competition.
4. In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
4.1 must be at least 18 years old and reside in the Republic of South Africa;
5. To enter: participants need to SMS their answer in kilograms, Name, surname and nearest town to the SMS hotline 45405 before midnight on Thursdays in order to qualify for possible selection. The first SMS received with completed details and closest to the correct answer will be selected as the winner. SMSs without completed details will not be eligible to enter the competition and immediately “disqualified”.
6. All SMS’s will be charged at R1.00 per entry.
7. The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
7.1 directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Beefmaster Group, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies (“Beefmaster Group”) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Beefmaster Group and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;
7.2directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Beefmaster Group and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners
8. This weekly competition will commence on Friday 10 June and end 17 July 2020.
9. Each week’s entries need to be submitted on Thursdays before midnight. Entries received after closing each week will not be considered. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason, whether not delivered, received, delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the participant’s service provider, or otherwise.
10. One winner will be selected weekly based on the most accurate answer and will be announced at the following live broadcast of Toks en Tjops on Kyknet, DStV Channel 144.
11. Each prize per week is valued at R4000. The prizes for the competition are as follows
Week 1 = 1 x MSD Deletel All Pour On + Warthog Knife Sharpener.
Week 2 = 2 x MSD Micromin B 500 + Warthog Knife Sharpener.
Week 3 = 1 x MSD Deletel All Pour On + Warthog Knife Sharpener.
Week 4 = 2 x MSD Micromin B 500 + Warthog Knife Sharpener.
12. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Beefmaster Group cannot provide the prize, the company will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
13. Notification and delivery of prizes:
13.1 The winner’s contact details will be obtained from the entries received. The winner will be informed telephonically within 2 working days after his/her name has been selected, that he/she has won the prize.
13.2 Beefmaster Group reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the telephone call within 2 working days of being contacted indicating that he/she accepts the prize. In such event, Beefmaster Group will be entitled to select another winner immediately thereafter.
13.3 If the winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that winner will forfeit his/her prize and another winner will be selected. In order to claim his/her prize, a winner may contact Beefmaster Group on 053 441 9100.
13.4 The winners’ name will be published on Beefmaster Group’s social media pages (Facebook and/or Instagram).
13.5 Unless the winner specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Beefmaster Group using his/her name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winner will have the right to withdraw his/her consent for the use of his/her name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Beefmaster Group in any promotional activity.
13.6 Deliveries must take place during office hours to a physical address.
13.7 Beefmaster Group’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the Beefmaster Group website from 19 June 2020.
15. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER BEEFMASTER GROUP, KYKNET, TOKS EN TJOPS, FB, TWITTER, THE SUPPLIER/SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AGENCIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
16. BEEFMASTER GROUP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. BEEFMASTER GROUP AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRITION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER ERROR.